Sometimes we need to make changes to the gas network. If you want to move your gas meter, or are planning work near one of our gas pipes, we can help.
If you want to make changes to the gas supply pipe to your home, go to Make changes to your gas connection or click on Get instant quote. If you are working near one of our gas pipes and you think we need to move it, go to Divert a mains gas pipe.
Make changes to your gas connection
Whether you’re building a new extension or redesigning your kitchen, we can help you make changes to your gas supply. There's two ways to find out how much it will cost to change your gas connection.
- You can get an Instant Quote for changing your gas supply here.
- Alternatively email email@example.com with details of the gas connection you want to change.
How much will it cost?
While each alteration is different, the below costs are for for a typical alteration and meter move with the reconnection of up to 3m of internal pipework.
- If you dig the necessary trenches: £605
- If we dig the necessary trenches: £731
You can find out more detailed information in this booklet.
If you need to make changes to more than one home or business, please call us on 0800 072 6814 between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday and between 9am and 2pm on Saturday or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Divert a mains gas pipe
If your work is over or close to one of our gas pipes, we may need to visit your site and you may need to pay for a diversion of the gas pipe.
- Before starting work, contact us by email and send us detailed plans to email@example.com. We'll let you know if a diversion is needed and how much it will cost within 30 working days.
- If we do have to divert a gas pipe, we'll usually start work 100 working days after payment - though depending on how complicated the project is, this may take longer.