Putting our energy into sustainability
As the world around us changes, one thing is for certain. Sustainability must be at the heart of everything we do. And with good reason.
We want to do our bit to protect the environment, working towards a greener energy future and helping our communities thrive.
To make sure we're fit for the future, we've set ourselves some ambitious targets, from now until 2026 and beyond.
We've worked closely with customers and colleagues to evolve our ambition, priorities and values so they can continue to help us deliver the things that matter most.
They will guide us as we work together to create a cleaner, greener and brighter future for everyone.
We want to be trusted to expertly serve customers and communities with safe, reliable and affordable energy services today, while investing wisely to create a sustainable, greener future.
Since 2013, our ambition, priorities and values have helped us deliver for our customers, communities and each other.
Guiding decisions, shaping plans and helping us all understand how we each play our part.
Our priorities, which are aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, help us do this, and include:
- Demanding safety always: we never compromise on the safety, wellbeing, and health of our colleagues and customers, always raising the bar and improving standards
- Driving outstanding service: we strive to exceed customer expectations by offering fair, inclusive, quality services for all, whilst looking after those most in need
- Delivering value for money: we always spend and invest money wisely, working smarter to offer affordable, value for money services
- Doing all we can to provide sustainable energy: we’re future proofing to deliver reliable, greener energy for heat, power and transport, and reducing our environmental impact to achieve net zero targets.
- Designing our future: we’re building a skilled, resilient and diverse team to work in partnership with our stakeholders. Together, helping our communities and society thrive.
Our business values are at the heart of everything we do. They help us do the right thing and earn the trust of the communities that rely on us.
- We put customers first: we build trust by giving excellent service, listening and taking action on what our customers tell us
- We take pride: we take ownership and are accountable for our work, going above and beyond to get great results
- We work as a team: we build relationships with colleagues and partners, share best practice and encourage honest, open conversations
- We bring energy: we approach all our work with enthusiasm, always challenging outcomes to do better by embracing new ideas and innovative solutions.
The way we act in work plays a significant part in how we deliver our ambition and priorities. Our Behaviours support our values and apply to every colleague in Wales & West Utilities. We demand high standards of each other and expect everyone to behave in a respectful and responsible manner, in line with our Values.
You can see more information about our Behaviours below or by clicking here.