Logistics Performance Manager - south west England
Looking for a new challenge? Come and join our Operations Management team!
We're looking for a Logistics Performance Manager to play a big part in the delivery of the future of our gas network across the south west of England ensuring high levels of compliance and performance, and we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Area Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for up to 50 teams, ensuring they work efficiently and cost effectively in activities associated with the safe delivery of the Logistics function across our network.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead and inspire people
- Maintain our excellent safety record ensuring compliance with legislation, policies and procedures
- Effectively manage a budget of circa £3 million
- Work alongside our senior team to establish the direction, strategy and tone of the business
- Create a culture which encourages excellent performance
- Embrace and champion change
- Role model outstanding behaviours
- Celebrate the successes of your team and individuals
You’ll need to have:
- Proven experience in management of a busy transport/logistics role
- The right attitude and exceptional people skills
- A proven track record of leading teams to deliver high levels of compliance and safety performance across a large geographical patch
- A full driving license
- The willingness to work on a standby rota to cover a 24/7 gas emergency service
- A working knowledge of the gas industry is desirable
It is important that you can demonstrate you have the ability to lead and motivate operational teams over a wide geography in a similar operating environment.
You can read a full job description here.
What’s in it for you?
At Wales & West Utilities we believe people are our greatest asset and therefore we are committed to supporting each and every colleague in maintaining their wellbeing, both in their personal lives and at work.
To support this we offer a competitive package which includes:
- Competitive salary of £46877 with 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Company car
- Annual bonus subject to performance
- Generous sickness scheme and private health insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits options
- Career progression opportunities with comprehensive training
To apply, click the link below