The Priority Services Register
Did you know that every gas supplier – the company you pay your bills to – has a Priority Services Register?
This register helps us and your gas supplier to make sure we really look after the people who need it most.
Here’s what you need to know…
Why join the register?
- You will be offered alternative heating and cooking appliances if your gas supply is interrupted
- You can agree a password so you know our engineers are genuine
- Your supplier may be able to move your gas meter if you’re not able to access it
- You may receive a free gas safety check for your appliances if everyone at the property is eligible to register
- We operate a ‘Knock and Wait’ service – our engineers will give you longer to come to your door.
Should I be on the register?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the following questions, get in touch with your gas supplier to see if you can join their register
- Are you of pensionable age?
- Are you chronically sick?
- Do you, or does anybody you live with, have a registered disability?
- Do you have any other specific need?
It’s not just gas suppliers who have Priority Service Registers. Many utility companies – including water and electricity – have similar systems in place so it may be worth getting in touch.
Our engineers – All our engineers wear our branded clothing and carry identification cards with a phone number. This means you can check their identity before you choose to let them in.
If you are unsure of what to do please feel free to call our Customer Services team on 0800 912 2999, who will be able to assist those eligible to register with their supplier.
For more information on how WWU can help you stay Safe & Warm please download the attachment on what to do in a gas emergency and contact numbers for supporting charities that can ensure you stay Safe & Warm.